Saturday, November 14, 2015

Nico Rosberg: “To finish on a good note” – The Équipe.fr

“Despite the domination of Lewis Hamilton in free practice this morning, and during the first part of this afternoon qualifications, you are in pole position …
What is happening this Saturday is irrelevant compared to the tragedy of Friday in Paris. But in sporting terms, I am happy with my day. I am in the best place for the start of Sunday’s race. This does not happen as planned in Q2 and so I gave everything in Q3. On my last lap I was really on the edge, but eventually it went well.

This is your fifth consecutive pole position. How do you explain this good series?
I do not know, I have no precise explanations. I had to work in this area and I did it, that’s all. Sunday, it will be an exciting race. In terms of strategy, we are comfortable because we have done our work Friday. We know what to expect, it helps. Ferrari was close to us on long runs, but we will aim for victory.

“A second place is always better than third place”

It’s also a way to position yourself for the next season?
I think about each race individually. I’m here, I want to win, that’s all. Before you start thinking about 2016, it is necessary to finish the season on a good note. Second place in the world championship, it’s still better than a third place … “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment