Friday, January 16, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Staragora: Indila: “I am a music note!” – Staragora

We met Indila at the European Border Breakers Awards in the Netherlands where she represented France. Little red dress in the middle of a snowy Groningen, the beautiful artist seemed right out of its clip Love Story

Staragora: How are you

?

Indila: Very well, I’m very happy. Dreams are going well! (Laughs)

This is the first time you come to the Netherlands?

No, it’s the second time. I think what I like most, besides the fact that they have the world’s largest flower market is that it is a “cycling city”. We see bikes everywhere!

You are proud to represent France tonight?

And how! I am very, very, very proud. In addition it is a surprise, I hope to honor this appointment (shy smile)

What are you thinking right before going on stage?

(thinks) I think I would say that I often tell me “you have to enjoy the moment.” Sometimes we are so enamored by stress that we forget the basics. On site I will try to be as communicative as possible and ship the most possible people in my mini-world.

For those who do not yet know you tonight, can you introduce you in three words?

“Musical Note” (laughs), that’s three words!

You define yourself as a “child of the world “What does that mean for you?

The boundaries, we just choose not to live. That’s for me to be a child of the world. It’s like my music, when you look closely it has a path, not 36 000. This is the only way of emotion, we are made of dreams and feelings. It is living without borders. I think it rings true with this evening, get a EBBA makes sense.

Are you going to conquer the world?

(laughs) This is excellent! So this is my second project … Just kidding. I hope my music will go as far as possible anyway.

How do you find inspiration? You impose working times?

Olala, it never works. When I try to work like this is a disaster (laughs) . When I composed for other artists, some record companies was headed “it has to be in this trend, one to the so and so …” and I think that’s all I hate to do. I have always struggled with reproduction, even though deep down it produces nothing. Assembling things that are already in existence and what creates new is a new “formula”, but the ingredients are the same. For inspiration is the same, still waiting it comes knocking on my door, I’m a little faignante on it (laughs) .

Who are your texts, who is your audience?

Very good question! Initially, I think I was not asked myself the question of who my audience. I just wanted it affects everyone, from baby 2 months to 77 years old grandpa. After I realized that we could compose an album with a targeted audience, which is great as well. But I was lucky to see that finally I touched a heart évantail with different ages and that’s what I wanted to sincerely. I often said that I wanted my music to pass under bridges, in gateways, in the streets … everywhere.

You talk about fairness, it is not scary at times of being sincere to 100% to get naked in his music?

Yes it’s scary. Besides I try to protect me. What frightened it was not me it does not like, it was just that I was going to belong to everyone and my personal sphere is known to the general public. That was my only fear. And in my texts I talk about what I know, but it’s still very modest when you look good. So it’s kind of a way to make my back.

Besides your interviews you remain very modest, it is a choice?

Yes. It is a choice because I like to say that I identify with my music, that music has no age, no identity, and I what I find interesting is to de-personify my music. It must be emphasized, if I say too much about me, my fear is that my music is too “color me” and it is no longer universal.

You have a song that is particularly close to heart?

I would say that silver box is very special for me (smile)

What are your plans in 2015?

I have two majors. The first is a second album, and the other is my tour.

You can not wait to go to meet your audience?

I already met because I do concerts, but I can not wait to see what life on tour! This is really a first. I imagine on the roads, with a frantic pace, with lots of noise and laughter

Interview by Ludivine Olives

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment