Thursday, May 23, 2013

Test Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4G) on the SFR network n9ws - n9ws.com

Test Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4G) on the SFR network n9ws

Published by Roman, 9 hours ago (1017 reads) in Telephony

Several weeks ago, I contacted SFR to know the possible approaches to test the 4G operator, the latter being a big effort on the deployment of the new network.

I had the pleasure of dealing with Francis, a very kind person who immediately agreed to lend me a mobile 4G (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G ) and a 4G SIM in order to test the performance of the network card. I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of the track and press service. The phone was delivered the day after my call (for the record, it was proposed to me that night, but I was not available.)

The phone looked new, so I went by the stage of fully charge the battery. Once it loaded, I could start hacking this beautiful phone and test the network.

In my home, I did not pick the 4G, but I have access to DC (Dual Carrier). First observation: the mobile is 3G when not using the Internet. As soon as the connection requests (navigation, emails, YouTube, …), the handset switches to DC for better responsiveness. So do not pay attention to the symbol “3G” screen captures that follow, the latter having been made after using the connection.

The first thing I tried once the battery has been charged to go on using the Google Chrome www.n9ws.com phone application in an attempt to compare the speed of web browsing between mobile 3G-connected (another operator) and a mobile connected DC.

I confess to being left speechless: nothing in DC (which is slower than 4G), browsing speed is just perfect: the response time and page loading is almost the same as for an ADSL connection. On a phone of this type (between Smartphone and Tablet), it’s very nice. Hard board on a 3G connection which seems an abnormal slowness when it was used in DC.

I made two tests on speedtest application. I have not done more, we know that some operators mucking results of such tests. I do not know if this is the case of SFR (I do not think), but everyone knows that the results depend on the network load that the phone uses, the server load used for the test, and other things, so these tests are not always explicit. Here are the results:

By downloading some games and apps on Google Play Store, I again came to realize how 3G is slow compared to DC. Download games / applications running at about 1.5 MB / s (compared to the hundreds of KB / s on my 3G subscription at the same time). Although these results are not extraordinary compared to other 3G packages or H +, speed navigation is really better, it is stunning.

I also tested YouTube and SFR TV. Nothing to say, it changes your life. YouTube HD videos load without any delay or failure. When changing channels on TV SFR, the screen is black for less than a second before displaying the video stream. A very nice use therefore.

Using the phone slightly, it remained almost nine days on the battery without problem. Accustomed to Android phones and especially Samsung, which in my case did not stay more than two days on the battery (1 day intensive use), it is a very good thing about this Samsung Galaxy Note 4G 2. Network quality is probably for something because the phone does not need to spend time (and thus using the battery) to get a network signal.

During this loan phone and SIM card, I tried to go to La Defense to test 4G in good condition. I unfortunately (for you and me) could not get there, having had very little free time between my professional life and my personal life (and yes, I remind you that any team n9ws.com done all volunteers). However, I remain confident that our team can benefit from this kind of benefit from SFR in the future, we can prepare you well for small friendly tests.

See also

  • 21/11 Joe Mobile: 2700 subscribers almost one month after the launch

  • 19/06 : Auto Connect WiFi SFR available

  • 19/06 : Auto Connect WiFi SFR available

No comments:

Post a Comment